We’re Hiring! – Director of Sales
About GrocerKey Inc.:
GrocerKey helps brick & mortar grocery retailers adapt to today’s new reality: a digital and mobile world where shoppers increasingly desire an extraordinary online and mobile shopping experience that complements and enhances the store-based shopping experience. Our innovative technology also helps grocery retailers turn their stores into eCommerce fulfillment centers, enabling local pickup and home delivery.
Based in Madison, Wisconsin and launched in 2014, we are a well-capitalized startup that brings the very best technology and operational know-how to this vital industry. Our affordable cloud-based technology integrates with existing retail technology solutions, helping retailers provide a consistent, personalized, multi-channel shopping experience for their customers.
For more information, please visit our website at www.grocerkey.com
- The selected candidate will ideally work in our Minneapolis, Minnesota offices.
- We will consider exceptional candidates from other major cities in the U.S.
Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for establishing new, positive, and profitable long-term customer relationships with prospective clients in the grocery industry. This strategic role requires proven, strategic selling skills, effective collaboration and communication within our company, and a professional disposition that can establish trust and confidence with clients.
You will be responsible for cultivating new leads, qualifying them, and then organizing a successful sales process that results in the establishment of new, delighted clients. You will need to manage the sales pipeline and provide regular and accurate sales forecasts.
As a part of our compensation plan, we will be issuing stock options. We are only considering candidates that will operate with a committed, passionate ownership mentality. The best candidate will be results-oriented and will deliver new revenues above the assigned objectives.
- Work cohesively internally to align our delivery with customer commitments.
- Become an advocate for client concerns to ensure appropriate level of customer focus is maintained.
- Establish and maintain a high level of positive and effective contact with key customers to enhance opportunities for references, case studies, and new sales opportunities.
- Maintain constant awareness of markets, competitor activities, and challenges within industry.
- Maintain accurate customer records, sales pipeline reports and sales forecasts.
- Enable our executives to understand the business imperatives of customers.
- Deliver passionate and compelling sales presentations and demonstrations.
- Collaborate with customers enabling them to experience greater value from our company.
Preferred Candidate Attributes:
- Previous successful track record in selling software and/or SaaS to clients in the grocery segment.
- Previous experience with software and services organizations that sell point-of-sale, payments, eCommerce, mobile, back office, merchandising, and marketing applications.
- Highly motivated and tenacious in migrating through targeted clients, as well as escalating issues.
- Adept at communicating with all levels in the client’s organization.
- Strong sales prospecting and qualification skills.
- Strong negotiation and closing skills.
- Must be a true professional with strong ethical behavior.
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- 3 to 7 years related sales management experience in grocery retail solutions.
- Must be able to focus on high customer satisfaction and long-term client relationships.
- Knowledge of grocery retail systems including POS, payments, and loyalty a plus.
- Travel up to 50%-60% depending on business needs and location.
- Must be successful at working alone and in a team environment.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or another leading CRM platform is a plus.
- Reasonable base compensation based on experience (no draws will be offered).
- Robust commission plan that allows successful candidate to make a lot of money.
- Stock options, based on Board approval and normal company vesting plan.
GrocerKey is an EEO company. We offer a strong benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to: